Computers & Software
Take advantage of the computer facilities in the Chapman Learning Commons (located on level 3 of the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre) which include 23 PC and 16 Mac workstations. Students, faculty and staff can access our computers with a CWL login or library barcode and pin number. Community members and public users can obtain guest access IDs from the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre circulation desk. Government issued photo ID is required for the guest access IDs.
The software available at our computer workstations is outlined below:
- The 23 PC Workstations have the following software installed:
- Mac Workstations
- Mac workstations are available on level 3 of the Chapman Learning Commons, in the Digital Media Commons on level 3 of the Music, Art & Architecture Library, on level 3 of Koerner Library and on level 2 of the Law Library. These Mac Workstations have the following software installed:
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 (includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Apple iWork '09 (includes Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
- LibreOffice 4
- Apple iLife '11 (includes iPhoto, iDVD, iMovie, iWeb and Garage Band)
- Google Earth
- Google SketchUp
- CyberDuck (for FTP)
- Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
- Xcode 5 (in Applications)
- All Mac workstations in the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (including the Chapman Learning Commons and the Digital Media Commons in the Music, Art & Architecture Library) also have:
- In the Chapman Learning Commons, there are 6 scanners available at the Mac workstations, including an express scanning station with a ten minute time limit.
- Multimedia Mac Workstations
- The Chapman Learning Commons and Digital Media Commons offer Multimedia Mac Workstations with additional software, including:
- The Multimedia Mac workstations in the Music, Art and Architecture Library, also have:
UBC Library currently offers scanners in most library branches, specifically:
- 6 flatbed scanners attached to Mac workstations in the Chapman Learning Commons, including one express scanning station with a 10 minute time limit. Slide and film scanning attachments are available at the Information Desk on level 3 of the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre.
- 1 flatbed scanner connected to a Windows computer workstation in Asian Library, Education Library, Koerner Library, Law Library, Biomedical Branch Library, Woodward Library, Xwi7xwa library.