Computers & Software
Take advantage of the computer facilities in the Chapman Learning Commons (located on level 3 of the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre) which include 23 PC and 16 Mac workstations. Students, faculty and staff can access our computers with a CWL login or library barcode and pin number. Community members and public users can obtain guest access IDs from the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre circulation desk. Government issued photo ID is required for the guest access IDs.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please contact the Learning Commons Information Desk during operating hours or submit a ticket to UBC IT. (Please include your name, email address, CWL and the specifics of the issue, including workstation number)
The software available at our computer workstations is outlined below:
- The 23 PC Workstations have the following software installed:
- Mac Workstations
- Mac workstations are available on level 3 of the Chapman Learning Commons, on level 3 of the Music, Art & Architecture Library, on level 3 of Koerner Library and on level 2 of the Law Library. These Mac Workstations have the following software installed:
- All Mac workstations in the Music, Art & Architecture Library) also have:
- In the Chapman Learning Commons, there are 6 scanners available at the Mac workstations, including an express scanning station with a ten minute time limit.
- Multimedia Mac Workstations
- The Chapman Learning Commons and Digital Media Commons offer Multimedia Mac Workstations with additional software, including:
- The Multimedia Mac workstations in the Music, Art and Architecture Library, also have:
UBC Library offers scanners at all library branches, specifically:
- 6 flatbed scanners attached to Mac workstations in the Chapman Learning Commons, including one express scanning station with a 10 minute time limit. Slide and film scanning attachments are available at the Information Desk on level 3 of the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre.
- 1 flatbed scanner connected to a Windows computer workstation in Asian Library, Education Library, Koerner Library, Law Library, Music, Art & Architecture Library, Biomedical Branch Library, Woodward Library, Xwi7xwa library.
- Scanning is also now enabled on many UBC Library copiers. Please note that there is a 2¢ per page charge on these machines and an unecrypted USB drive is required.