All content should adhere to UBC Digital Signage guidelines in regards to visual and communication standards.
- Use of digital signage, like the use of any other University resource or activity, is subject to the requirements of legal and ethical behavior at UBC. Examples include, but are not limited to, the laws of privacy, copyright, and trademark. Digital Signage is governed under UBC’s Policy of Responsible Use of Information Technology Facilities and Services.
- Content authors will assume full responsibility for ensuring that the rights of the materials, imagery and artwork for their content have been cleared prior to posting.
- Images used in signage must be royalty-free, Creative Commons or otherwise appropriately licensed. In the case of imagery showing people, written permission must be obtained prior to airing the image or video.
If you are sending an event poster, please ensure that it is not in PDF format. Otherwise, please ensure that you submit the following:
- Slides as images of in PowerPoint format (2 – 3 slides at most)
- 25 – 30 maximum words per slide
- Title of the event or headline
- Date and a location of event
- Call to action – a URL where the patron can find out more information (the URL must be short and memorable)
- Images (high resolution, clear and cropped to size)
- Start date/time and end date/time
- Content must be appropriately sized for widescreen displays (aspect ratio of 16:9)
- Optimal screen dimensions are 1920px x 1080px (1080p)
- Standard screen dimensions are 1280px x 720px (720p)
- All content must have a resolution of 300ppi (pixels per square inch) for maximum legibility
Supported File Types
- PowerPoint: PPT or PPTX
- Images: JPG, PNG, or TIFF
- Video: WMV, MPG (MPEG2), or AVI (H.264)
- Other supported file type: FLV (Flash movie)
- Indicate start dates and expiry dates when submitting digital signage content.
- Dated content will be displayed for at most two weeks prior to the start of the event and will be removed on the expiry date at midnight, or following the conclusion of the event.
- Non-dated content or content promoting ongoing programs or services will be scheduled accordingly.
- Submit content for consideration to Clare Yow a minimum of one week in advance of the posting date.
- We reserve to right to decline requests that do not fit our vision.
- Content not adhering to guidelines will be returned with an explanation. Please allow ample time to complete any revisions for resubmission.
- Digital signage content is updated on a weekly basis or as required.
Please note that our screens are currently offline until further notice due to construction happening on Level 2 in the Learning Centre.