- New desk on 3rd floor opens Friday, March 1.
- Entrance and exit to/from the library move to 3rd Floor the same day.
- Single service point – reduces the need to visit two or more desks to get what you need.
- Visible, open connection to the north wing – you will enter and exit the north library wing on the 3rd floor through the Qualicum Room.
- Combined skills and expertise in one place – the open design will improve collaboration between reference, circulation and learning commons experts in meeting your needs.
- Person-to-person at desk; checkout-only at self-serve stations – if you need to talk to a librarian or staff member that can start at the desk. If not, take your item directly to the self-serve station for checkout.
- Ongoing evaluation – we’ll be monitoring usage patterns and feedback after the desk is open and making adjustments that are feasible.
To create dedicated space for our tutoring and coaching partners to deliver their services in support of student learning and academic success.
- Start: October 30, 2012
- Completion: March 1, 2013