March 1 to April 18, 2014 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
February 1st to February 28th, 2014 in the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre foyer.
January 6, 2014 to January 28, 2014 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
The Beauty of the Book: Selections from the Association of American University Presses 2013 Book, Jacket, and Journal Show Exhibition
Irving K. Barber Learning Centre art exhibition space foyer, December 2 through 13th, 2013.
November 4 to November 25, 2013 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
Our Truth: Truth and Reconciliation at UBC exhibition at IKBLC (September 17-October 31, 2013)
Mexico Fest 2013 art exhibition at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (September 5 to 15, 2013)
“The Proverbial Calligrapher” by the Westcoast Calligraphy SocietyAugust 1st to 31st at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
July 3rd to 31st at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre Foyer.
May 1st to 30th at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre Foyer with a special exhibit at the Asian Centre Auditorium May 20th to 27th.
The purpose of art exhibits at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (IKBLC) is to provide a visual presence to “encourage the important learning that takes place outside formal educational activities.” The Learning Centre welcomes exhibit proposals from individuals, groups and organizations within UBC and from the broader community. The following policy outlines the guidelines for exhibits and exhibitors.
Criteria for exhibits:
- Exhibits should be educational in content and encourage learning through the exploration of themes, issues or unique perspectives.
- Exhibits should provide opportunities for educational programming and related activities
- Proposals can be submitted using the Art Exhibition Booking Request Form, with a minimum of 3 months of advance notice. Please include an itemized list and sample photographs (or a URL to photographs) of the items to be displayed.
- Exhibitors must coordinate times for set-up and take-down of exhibit items with IKBLC staff. Unfortunately storage for items owned by the exhibitor cannot be provided.
- Exhibitors should include a title and brief statement of intent or purpose; acknowledgement of sponsor(s); and printed or typed identification labels for display.
- Exhibitors must assume responsibility for contents, loss, or damage.
- Please note the IKBLC does not participate in commercial sales. No prices will be displayed with items. With permission we will make the exhibitor’s name and phone number available to the public.
Space use information:
- The IKBLC Display Gallery has six free-standing display cases available (6 feet width x 23 inches height x 22 inches depth) with clear Plexiglas lockable covers.
Exhibitor’s Agreement :
- Exhibitors will be required to read and understand IKBLC art exhibit policy statement
- Exhibitors will be required to submit art exhibition agreement form to confirm booking of exhibition at IKBLC
Hours for Gallery:
Monday to Sunday – 6am to 1am
The Lyrical Word by the Westcoast Calligraphy Society (March 1 to April 18, 2014)
Asian Heritage Month exhibition by the Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden (May 1 to May 31, 2014)
Aboriginal Unhistory Month (June 1 to June 30, 2014)
Discovering the World of Panterra by Lela Sankeralli (August 1 to August 30, 2014)
Mexico Fest 2014 (September 1 to September 30, 2014)
World Poetry Canada Festival (October 1 to October 30, 2014)
Pause/Reflection: Art by Ken Lum (November 1 to November 30, 2014)
Alcuin Society-UBC Press exhibition (December 5 to January 16, 2015)
100th Anniversary Centenary of UBC exhibition (January 17 to February 28, 2015)
|Full Circle: First Nations Performance has produced and presented award-winning Aboriginal art and performances in Canada since 1995.|