The purpose of art exhibits at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (IKBLC) is to provide a visual presence to “encourage the important learning that takes place outside formal educational activities.” The Learning Centre welcomes exhibit proposals from individuals, groups and organizations within UBC and from the broader community. The following policy outlines the guidelines for exhibits and exhibitors.
Criteria for exhibits:
- Exhibits should be educational in content and encourage learning through the exploration of themes, issues or unique perspectives.
- Exhibits should provide opportunities for educational programming and related activities
- Proposals can be submitted using the Art Exhibition Booking Request Form, with a minimum of 3 months of advance notice. Please include an itemized list and sample photographs (or a URL to photographs) of the items to be displayed.
- Exhibitors must coordinate times for set-up and take-down of exhibit items with IKBLC staff. Unfortunately storage for items owned by the exhibitor cannot be provided.
- Exhibitors should include a title and brief statement of intent or purpose; acknowledgement of sponsor(s); and printed or typed identification labels for display.
- Exhibitors must assume responsibility for contents, loss, or damage.
- Please note the IKBLC does not participate in commercial sales. No prices will be displayed with items. With permission we will make the exhibitor’s name and phone number available to the public.
Space use information:
- The IKBLC Display Gallery has six free-standing display cases available (6 feet width x 23 inches height x 22 inches depth) with clear Plexiglas lockable covers.
Exhibitor’s Agreement :
- Exhibitors will be required to read and understand IKBLC art exhibit policy statement
- Exhibitors will be required to submit the artist exhibit form to confirm booking of exhibition at IKBLC
Hours for Gallery:
Monday to Sunday – 6am to 1am
Open to the public daily from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m., on Level 2 of the IKLBC, and will be on display until August 26.
April 16 - May 31, 2015 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
March 2 - April 15, 2015 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, 2nd floor foyer exhibition gallery space
January 17 - February 28, 2015 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
January 6 to January 16, 2015 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (2nd floor)
December 5, 2014 to January 6, 2015 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (2nd floor) exhibition space.
November 1 to 30, 2014 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (2nd level foyer)
October 6-26, 2014, at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (2nd level foyer)
September 1 to September 30, 2014 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre, 2nd floor foyer space
July 23 to August 28 at the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (exhibition located on the 2nd floor foyer)
Mexico Fest 2015 exhibition (August 21 to September 30, 2015)
Silent Books exhibition (October 1, 2015 to October 31, 2015)
Exhibition of Artists from RBSC and Emily Carr University Collections (November 2, 2015 to November 30, 2015)
Nitobe Gardens exhibition (December 1, 2015 to January 31, 2016)
World Poetry International Peace Festival (February 1, 2016 to March 31, 2016)
John Robinson Rare Books Collection (April 1 to April 30, 2016)
It’s About Time: UBC A Place of Change (May 1 to May 31, 2016)
Aboriginal Unhistory Month 2016 (June 1 to June 30, 2016)
Mexico Fest 2016 (August 15 to September 30, 2016)
Westcoast Calligraphy Society (October 1 to 30, 2016)
Canadian Women Composers (November 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016)
|Full Circle: First Nations Performance has produced and presented award-winning Aboriginal art and performances in Canada since 1995.|